Monday, August 25, 2008

Breathe

Yeah!!! My apostilled birth certificates arrived today and were overnighted to EAC. The complete dossier will be on its way to Russia! So, now we wait--knowing (believing) that the child who is to join our family is already born. Will and I have been praying for this child for almost a year, although I did not pray with Will as frequently during the Ukrainian wait.

We went to a EAC picnic at the Cole Ranch in Williamburg, Ohio on Saturday. We enjoyed ourselves. I had the opportunity to visit with Tricia, who heads the Russian referral department. So we wait and continue in prayer.

I received a booklet from Shaohannah's Hope a few weeks ago. (We've yet to hear about a grant) The booklet has some devotionals as well as thoughts of other adoptive parents. I was quite struck with the one comment about continuing to LIVE while you wait. I was struck by that because I've been so guilty of not doing that at times this summer. While Will and I had some fun times, I realize that I tended to be anxious.

On another note, classes began today. The first days are always interesting....Will and I went to the farmer's market after school and bought a huge zucchini. We then made zucchini bread. Yummy! Will was quite proud of himself.

If you're reading this blog, please continue in prayer for this adoption process and for the child who will join our family. Thank you for those prayers.

3 comments:

Kathy Stegall said...

We pray.

Waiting can be such a torturous time of faith and doubt, pleading and silence. For a parent, children are often the catalyst for waiting.

"O do thou wait upon the LORD;
Yea, let thy strength be great,
And let thy heart encouraged by;
Upon Jehovah wait."

Anne said...

Praying here!
"I waited long upon the Lord
Yea, patiently drew near
And He at length inclined to me
My pleading cry to hear..."

"...my advancing song..." What a cutie that Will is. :)

Jill said...

I feel I can relate t what you are going through. My prayers are with you!