Monday, August 11, 2008

Frustration, Anxiety, Peace????


Summer is truly coming to an end. I started back to work full time last Monday and have lots of odds and ends to complete.

Since my last post, we attended our denomination's international conference in Grand Rapids, Michigan. My parents arrived in PA a couple days before the conference began and drove over with us. They also returned with us and stayed for almost a week. Will LOVED the conference. He loved staying in the dorm and taking a shower. He also was thrilled to run around. I was happy that he ad learned PS 84B before the conference. He was so excited as the conference opened and 1600+ people lifted their voices to sing Ps 84. He quickly turned to me and with the biggest smile said "Mommy, they are singing my advancing song." He then turned and joined in with a loud voice--Advancing still from strength to strength.

As for the adoption front, I returned home with no birth certificates. I waited until Monday, Aug 3. My dad was able to go to the county office in Fresno and pick up two certified copies and Megan overnighted them to Sacramento to be apostilled. I'm still waiting on the apostilled birth certificates (as well as the original two I ordered). At least, once the Sacramento office apostilles the certificates, I should at least get them sooner. This waiting is frustrating--if I had only paid attention to the certification dates, I could have taken care of this while I was in CA. This just adds to the anxiety of waiting for a referral. I struggle with feeling peace although I pray to have peace. Certainly, this adoption feels like a trial of faith and trust--one which I want to completely give to God but can only pray for the Spirit to help in my weakness.

1 comment:

PLAIN KIDS said...

Hi Gayle - it's Sam's mom (The boy at the RP conference who was allowed to throw rocks) Anyway, I stumbled upon your blog, and will enjoy reading it and praying for you as you continue down the road to another adoption. Great to meet you!

my new blog is http://plainkids.wordpress.com/