Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Lord's Day

Generally, Will and I read a story, have devotions, pray and sing before going to bed. The last few days Will has asked to sing I will sing of the mercies of the Lord..... Sometimes, I am ALLOWED to join in and other times, I'm not. I was particularly struck with the words of the Psalm tonight--"thy faithfulness to all generations" When I think of Will's adoption into a covenant family and the anticipated addition, I am in awe of God's faithfulness to all generations. Will wasn't in top form tonight, but he was energetic.

1 comment:

Anne said...

Nice job, Will! :)

Gayle, I love what you wrote below about teaching our kids that they don't necessarily get what they want even if they ask nicely, and how that applies to us as well! Good reminder.

Could you send me some of those adoption blogs you mentioned? I'd love to read some.

Love and hugs to you and Will!