Wednesday, February 20, 2008

just a quick note

Will has been going through withdrawal since Cheryl and Bus left very early on Sunday. He has struggled with going to sleep and has made several attempts to go into my room and stall. On Monday night, I confess though that he spoke in a way that touched my heart--I had a difficult time scolding him for getting out of bed. I was working on the computer when I heard a knock at my door. In walks Will and he says, Mommy, I'm hearing God speak to me.

Me: What did you say?
Will: I said speak Lord for I am hearing. (We had read the story of Samuel as a boy about 3 weeks ago)
Me: What did God say?
Will: He said Will, I love you.
Me: What did you say?
Will: I told God that I love Him too.

Words and spirit that touch my heart. I'm so thankful to have been entrusted by God to raise my son.

No news on the adoption front. I'm still waiting for my dossier to be submitted.........I've been praying that God would be especially near. The uncertainty is always hanging around in my mind.

3 comments:

Stefanie and Bill said...

Hi Gayle. Thanks for posting on my blog. Would love to keep in touch. Email me at stefanies67@verizon.net

Jenny said...

Hi Gayle!
I was thrilled to hear from you. Yes, we love Dave Daulton. I would love to chat with you more. Please email me at Shanebruce11@hotmail.com
Jenny

Kathy Stegall said...

That is beautiful - Will & the Samuel story! I am thankful.

Christina just alerted me to this blog. I can't wait to read all of it.

Much love, Kathy