Saturday, February 2, 2008

new shoes......



It's Saturday----the end of another long week or at least a busy week! Will and I headed to Costco to pick up some goodies for the company we're expecting on Friday. But, of course, Will remembers today the one where he got "FIREMAN" tennis shoes! I thought it was time to get Will some new shoes.......

We went to the first half of Geneva's men's basket ball game--A tight game and Geneva was trailing at the half. Will was exhausted--so after a quick bath, he is tucked away in bed.

My friend, Lisa, has an "emergency" C-section on Sunday morning. Their son, Drake, has had several complications---so prayer has gone up for the little guy. He seems to being doing much better. I have been reminded of how each of us breathe as God so determines---our birth is so much part of God's grace. Ps. 139--He knew us in our mother's womb.....I think of how this connects to the child God is preparing to join our family. My thoughts are that this child is currently living in an orphanage and in God's timing we will all be brought together. But, like in Drake's birth, we need to be bathing that child in prayer now as well as for the rest of my life.

As I understand it, my dossier is scheduled to be submitted to the SDA on Monday, Feb. 4. This time is my metaphorical pregnancy that needs as much prayer as if I were physically carrying this child.

No comments: